Monday 30 May 2011

Good Job !!



Dear Pupils

Thank you so much for participating actively in the class discussion! Most of you gave very good and interesting suggestions.

This is our first time doing it and I'm very happy with your enthusiasm!

Please feel free to continue the discussion. There's no right or wrong answers - so don't worry. However, you need to be more 'polite' when you reply to a friend's comment.

If you agree, say "I agree with <friend's name>'s comment because <and give reasons>". Do not just say: "I agree." Tell me more, give more reasons. Explain clearly why you agree.

And if you disagree, say "I disagree with <friend's name>'s comment because <and give reasons>".

When you have received your friend's respond to your comment - it would be a good practice to say

(1) "Thanks for your comment... however I still believe that .....",
(2) "Thanks for your comment....however I do not agree with what you said ... because.....",
(3) "Thanks for your comment... I didn't think of that! Thanks for bringing that up.... ".

I will be compiling your comments - we will discuss them when the school starts. Also, we can work on improving the grammar from those comments.

Have a good holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment